Pages

Sunday 19 November 2023

Trust anything but time

Pastel colours, quiet refrains

Hands still, on the chiming clock

Whisper, in case I hear myself

Looking behind the picture frames


Dust is a relief of many years standing

Unplugged from the upright room light

Unmoved from your mother's generation


Flock wallpaper is still though the memory

Even of just and only the place

Billericay Close or Quebec Narrows


All I ask is contemplation

About and around

A race of which I'm out


All I ask is elevation

About to

Surround myself

Unable to be without


Pastels, flocks and dust

Trust the background music, the mood

They create, that is Richie Havens and Arlo Guthrie


Paisley patterns of young men in bare feet

Pylons and stanchions, mill floors ransomed

Derelict cotton works

West wind blown cotton fields



Available on Amazon