Pages

Sunday 22 October 2023

Cockerels: Chiming bells in unison

Traffic roars

In both and all directions

Aeroplanes soar

Or at least that is my perception


I can see my foot

My tummy

I can feel the whole of my body


I see more colours

Than any camera can imagine

I am surrounded by a wider vista

Than any picture, or any canvas


In a meditation space

In a Japanese garden

Among all that is now


Pink poppies, stalactites from the caves of China

And poetry written close on thirty years ago

Scones with maple syrup and strawberry

And tea of wondrous fruit and herb infusions


Cockerels

Chiming bells in unison

A breeze through the trees


Seeds fall, behind me is a shelter

An observatory for the mind

I think of your garden, your smile

You and your sound of music



Available on Amazon