Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2022

I met Dominic

I met Dominic

In the Bow room

At Madhyamaka

The UK’s first centre

For Kadampa Buddhism


He was repairing

The four, large, sash windows

His tools, materials and dust covers

Were strewn all over the floor

Also around the temple cabinet


I asked if he was a resident

Or a contractor, to which he replied

That he was a Buddhist contractor

Oh I said, what does that mean

Well; he paused, I waited, he said:


Being fair, being honest

Not charging too much

Being prepared to work extra hours

Having the desire to do a good job

Not to be driven by profit


Dominic is from Norwich

Which has a small meditation centre

Out towards the coast

He came up with his girlfriend

But she fell off the bike


And, with a bruised face

She felt uncomfortable

Needed to return home

He thinks it will take another week

To complete the renovation