Pages

Saturday 20 August 2022

Roll The Dice

I am in the bright light of beauty

A fine distant reflection

Of sunlight on still water


Even if I could not actually remember

Or not so much as even be there

I could still imagine, couldn’t I


There would have been a purpose

Of that you can be sure of

Yet it too could be lost on you, forgive me


One part of my story

Is awash and away with the birds

In all sizes, with all shades through to grey


Another past is a cumulus cloud formation

Which presses, formidably

With suggestions of romantic storms


That the fear-of-flying inhabitants have departed

And the dog endlessly barks

Adds to the unease of subsequent thoughts


I choke, and I cough

At my own attachment

To a life being totally non-religious


I wonder to myself

Will the pigeon leave the rooftop

And settle on the diamanté window 



Available from Amazon