Pages

Friday 19 August 2022

Consciousness, Almost

I feel a deep desire

To explore the thoughts I thought

Yet I know the embers dying in that fire

There is pain to be sold and bought


But, from nowhere comes a flash of light

What if I had to live my life

Through the thoughts I thought

With purest expectation for the fight or flight


Blue skies and raindrops

How does one experience the moment

To write of the thought before the thought stops

To capture the essence as the purpose lies broken


I didn’t remember

I do that fairly often

Just as for your birthday in September

And the flowers which so so slowly soften


The peace here is deafening

As the conscience begins to ring

Calm concentration is threatening

As hopes stand proud to sing


Stretch out the explanations

Of the thoughts we wish to see

Bathe in a free mind’s revelations

As we take our time to be 


Available from Amazon