Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Poltergeist (Diluted)

I had a thought, or rather a feeling
I was laid on the settee
Watching a Scandi-Noir TV film
Projected onto the fireplace wall

Other than this light
The room was in total darkness
I wanted to ask you
How you imagined the story would pan out

It was then that I realised
That earlier in the day you had set off
To visit your friend in the city
You would be away for four or five days

So I was alone in the room
Alone with my broken knee

Again I had the thought, or rather the feeling
You were indeed sat in your favourite chair
But by now I knew, for I had observed
That I was entirely and most certainly alone

I did not tell you, before you set off
About my falling down the stairs
I did not want you to worry
On a day when you should be happy

So I was alone in the room
Alone with my broken knee

The Noir plot line was pretty straightforward
Already the murderer has been revealed
And the side-stream narratives
Are also quite obvious in nature

And so I was alone in the room
Alone with my broken knee


Available at Amazon

Christopher's Website
for his Collected Works