Pages

Saturday 11 April 2020

Skills Base

The single yacht
Leans into the warm breeze
The sailors among you
May know a more technical term
But I am no sailor

I am a man of the land
Born as far away from the sea
As is possible
In this the county of my birth
As such it is true; I am no sailor

Instead as a single man
I tramped on the peat bog
The Pennine way walkers among you
May know older terminology
But I am no serious walker

I am a man of dreams
In the fullness of my mind
Psychologists among you
May know a more esoteric word
But I am no psychologist

Instead, as a teenager
I learnt a skilful trade
Tradesmen among you
May recognise the term indentured
But I left all that behind

The single yacht
Is no place for a walker
But it may be fine for a sailor
Or a man who dreams
Of a disengaged teenager


Available on Amazon