Pages

Thursday 26 December 2019

Fast Mover

I only just left the chapel in time
Just before the acting mother superior
Brought in her small but devoted flock
Earlier they had prayed
Before the burning candles
This then is their space numero duo
One of an altogether purer silence

I had sort of broken
Those quiet rules actually
Having found the Chapel
To be an ideal place to pen a poem
Which of course meant
Scrawling nib across paper
Though I made as little noise as possible

Though if I hadn’t have been on my own
I am sure I would have caused distraction
Which isn’t really fair is it
When I only come here once a year
The riverside walk has been closed off
And there is lots of Harris fencing
Waiting in the wings

Let’s hope to God that Health and Safety
Are not on the Benedictine’s case
For I fear that it stretches a good way back


Available at Amazon





 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here