Pages

Saturday 24 August 2019

Walk On The Wild Side (Lou Reed)

We spoke of Raglan Road and Grafton Street
Indeed a few years ago you and I walked
From the former to the latter on our way
To the Gresham Hotel down O’Connell Street
Where the men of the cloth wined and dined
Of course we looked into the cloisters
Of Trinity College where many years before
I had begun to lose myself and find myself

Found by talking with Professor PJ O’Reilly
Who asked if he may join me for dinner
Found by buying and then reading
Jonathan Livingston Seagull
In the airport departure lounge
Where also I spotted
The brothers and the sisters of the faith
Priests resplendent in velvet robes
And crocodile skin shoes
With nuns carrying their personalised
Versace leather handbags


Available from Amazon As Paperback or for Kindle
 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here