Pages

Saturday 16 April 2016

The Poets Depth According To Nietzsche

I went to get the deck chair
But found
As with other human foibles
That it had gone, moved on
Removed to a storage space
Away from the summer’s sun

I turned on the water feature
Simple streams cascade
From copper tray to copper tray
I imagine that you can hear it
I daydream that you see & think
Of the dragonfly

The brick wall
Has fallen easy prey to the ivy
No contest without the frost
To hold the either of you back
Nor to the potted plants
That in league with you
Gathered their weeds incognito

Over the fence the breeze blows
How many thousand miles
The air plumes must have travelled
Together, concurrent and countercurrent
That you may see their swirls over the Azores

It would not matter
Although I hope you understand
There are days like these
Also days when truly
All our champagne tomorrows
Are our brown ale yesterdays


free from poetry shop.co.uk