Pages

Saturday 27 June 2015

Buying A Camera

The salesman said it was a brand new model
The first actual 'almost' SLR
I was in escapist mode

And so I bought it, right there and then
Best thing I did on that holiday
Buying that camera

The landlady
Of the vegetarian B&B asked me did I want bacon
And at that I cannot argue, but

When she said those words I didn't stop to think;
The many years of full-on breakfasts
In working men's B&B's had made me lazy

It didn't happen again
I stayed with her all week
And it didn't happen again, no more 'bacon'

Not a soul on Sennen Cove beach
The waves can hardly lap
The water is blue, the sands are washed

Bare footsteps
Kneeling to take the picture
The first photograph of loss and nothingness

No conversation; three days alone to think
Three nights
Lonely nights alone to drink

Then northerners came into the pub; Lancastrians
Who tried their best to make me laugh
Outside, in the gardens, sculptures by a Yorkshire lass

No wonder I became forgetful as dusk fell
I did though wonder if I might have a heart attack
As I ran back for my wallet


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WVLRO3M?*Version*=1&*entries*=0