Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

Insight et al

I walk across my home town
Between two drawing offices
There isn't a real desk space for me in either
My old boss Roger wants me to design
An aircraft refuelling system

I tell him it's all about
Finding the right operational staff
The second office is really busy
A meeting of everyone is called
I see this as an opportunity to slip out

A fox approaches me on the petrol station car park
It bears its teeth and harasses me
I shout and wave a stick but I am frightened
A big dog grabs the fox
Eventually it works the foxes head between its jaws

Before determinedly and manically crushing
All life out of the bereft wild animal
It was a dream that I couldn't leave
In the same way I couldn't leave
Another work dream earlier in the week

In another of tonight's dreams I was explaining
The solution to a control system problem, & even 
Though I knew the fix was to move the measuring
Device nearer to the process being measured 
I had doubts that it would be correctly implemented

It seems to me the dreams are about a lack of control
Doubts about the resolution of issues
I am neither able to complete a task, or walk away
In the morning I find that a Fox in ones dreams means:
Insight, cleverness, cunningness and resourcefulness


This is a poem from Vagaries:
Love of The Key to Room 149
Available as ebook from Kindle
or as a homemade print book and audio cd from  poetryshop