Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

Great Ouse

I would have written earlier
But I couldn’t find the line
A mix of decay and new ideas
Water lapping, sunlight sparkling

On the crest of the rivers waves
Warmed by that which I call beauty
I am warmed with the writing
Of this letter

It is to you, also to no one in
Particular, except perhaps those
Who have been, or are in love
With sufficient quiet, to hear the

Silent calm among the passions
The dry grasses and the reeds
Buffeted by the spring breeze, the
Water burbles at the bank where

Children with their parents stroll
I wish to close now, move a little
Closer to the drove, ever thankful
For these few moments together


This is a poem from Vagaries:
Love of The Key to Room 149
Available as ebook from Kindle
or as a homemade print book and audio cd from  poetryshop