Pages

Saturday 17 November 2012

One person missing

I was buying cut flowers
All I cherished were bright loud colours
Emotionally strong fragrances

Next I was sat on the steps of a greenhouse
At a big house with front and back gardens
A girl shouted from inside the house
There was someone at the door

Wanting a home tutor for their daughter
Could the protege please come quickly
We could hear her explaining & negotiating
She sounded very professional

An agreement was reached
She came into the back garden
To recount her happy tale
You walked from the middle of the garden

Where you had been playing with the boy
I held out my hand and asked you to sit with me
Your finger brushed my hand but
You walked by without pause


A Poem from Outline Sketches and Vague Reasoning - Love Within a Drifting Mind available from Booktango by cliking anywhere on this text