Pages

Friday 26 October 2012

Pristine


You took your time
To look so good
You took your time
They said you would

With half a mind
The half that almost misunderstood
More than half unkind
The half that knew I no how should

We danced the line
Swayed yet somehow leaning stood
I said you're mine
Venture here to be deep set in my blood

Time stood still
As if our place was under rainbows hood
Time cared only for the thrill
The rest left scattered in bluebell wood

The days and nights took their toll
Our play turned bad, we'd had it all too good
We parted, and parted the drift began to roll
Our hopelessness ended, as we knew it should

You look so good
I take my time
I dreamt you would
It was sublime


A Poem from Outline Sketches and Vague Reasoning - Love Within a Drifting Mind available from Booktango by cliking anywhere on this text