Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

It All Adds Up

I feel you in my bones
The whole erasure of you
Unfolds within my body
I smile as you play with my mind

In this there becomes a new entity
An entirety of more than one
Faith enough to move on
Courage gathered to go forwards

I cannot embrace you
In a screen filled photograph
I cannot chase you
Through an unspoken conversation

I no longer expect a special journey
Into the supernatural
Although we did once believe
In the power of transference, didn't we

The pampas grass and blossom
Blows vigorously
In the windswept, rain drenched
Beautiful Northern England

Quite unlike the settled palms
Of your islands waterfront
Where the promenade
Erased me from your arms


A Poem from Outline Sketches and Vague Reasoning - Love Within a Drifting Mind available from Booktango by cliking anywhere on this text