Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

Reclamation Yard


I could believe, if I wanted to, that with all those gulls in the silver, white and grey sky, the sea could easily be over the horizon

You might share this thought-stream, from the evidence of your personal vista; pray tell of your own unique over the top dreams, themes, dramas, and convictions

There are times when I could be embarrassed; there are occasions when I need to find a place to hide

Not out here though, not beneath the bare trees that rest beside the canal, along the snow covered path that might easily never end

You might walk with me for a while, have fun seeing your own breath, inhale the smoke from the silage-stacked fires, and peer gratefully down the endless corridors of limes

Remember those times when you may be embarrassed, occasions when you need to find a place to hide




a poem from the collection Into the Present Decade - Love with Droplets of Joy available by clicking on the link