Pages

Monday 28 May 2012

At the side of dykes


The day is cold
Fog, frost, the Fosse Way frog
The day is cold and if I make the call
I expect a riposte filled reception

Sat in the mall, my mind is stalled
I am feared of further deception
Maybe six years ago we slept together
As is the way with lovers

Did I forget to mention
I miss her mind
Thats not just my kind intention
Though for certain it is those thighs

Where my loins verbose
Is the real deal abstention
We turned a trick
In and out of bed we were slick

Though in conversation matters were worse
We became adept at surreal pretension
All in turn turned to silence
Avoidance of compliment or discourse

It was up
With no structure
Neither an outhouse construction
To fall back upon




a poem from In & Out of Dream Space
Love Embellished by Visitations click anywhere on
the text for details