Pages

Monday 25 September 2023

Onwards to sprinkled poppies

In the seventh summer

Slip, I dipped out of the trip

To see the pink flamingos


Now my seventeenth number flips

I’m clipped on the strip

Of fair way gringos


In between the innocence and the heartache

What seems the green grass, the second class

Of the mother, the child, the both without a father


In their seven rows

Clips of once wild poppies

Nipped in bud, for the county flower show


Now my seventeen insecurities

Drip into my shattered mind

Rainy days for the sipped sour wine of impurity


In between the hazel and the hedgerow

What seems the pasture, the swift past raptures

Of the other; the wild, the both without the hope


Or rather To be in the seventh seventeenth summer

Somewhere between home and away and eternity

Graveyards, birthplaces; endless timeless journeys


Trips to pink flamingos

Stripped bare the fair play gringo’s

Swathes wave, rave onwards to sprinkled poppies