Pages

Wednesday 17 May 2023

Subliminal

I turn back to the 1st of December

When Compline began with Thomas Tallis

I go there to go back to Buckfast Abbey

Where the visits over many years enriched my life


The generosity and industry of Brother Daniel

Spiritual reflections of Gregorian chant

The pure contemplative peace of the rear chapel

The treacle tart with clotted cream in the refectory


I return from two episodes of Compline

Also after a search for my own spiritual music

Which wasn’t itself too too successful

But did take me to Centerpointe Research


A place, or a programme, used to assist

My meditation practice back in the day

Which of course means a time that I cannot

Pinpoint with any accuracy whatsoever


Other than the disks have stayed with me

They show a copyright of nineteen-ninety-three

As I settle into this minimal entrapment

To listen to the sounds through headphones


What do I hope to achieve through a week

Of Holosync practice; only time will tell

But I will report back, that I do promise

Unless of course I am told to forget everything