Pages

Monday 2 August 2021

Mapping Out

One more black americano
One more morning in the town
The charity shops are waiting
As the shoppers stroll around

One more time to the hairdressers
One more perm for the crown
The health food shop is salivating
As vegans and vegetarians mill around

Break out by the big-shot
Hear the fire of musket sound
Hares out there on the blue-heath road
In search of spring so I’ll be bound

All it takes is concentration
Some days not even that
The devil it is in the detail
So play sir, pray take off your hat

The radiator looks just right
Its style suits its situation
If only I was at the seaside
Instead of at home on staycation

But at least we are safe
Or that's how it seems so I am told
I didn’t bring my mobile phone
So the trail of track and trace
May, by now, have become rather cold