Pages

Wednesday 21 April 2021

Steal What Else There Is To Steal + My Own Fair Hand A Wayward Strand

The wretched pace of saving face
No more than a single drink
What I’ve become, by staying shtum
Does not stand to rhyme nor reason

The hamster wheel and electric eel
Steal what else there is to steal
Seal the casket, with neoprene gasket
It is mornings which are the worst

My own collusion brings self delusion
I would be better somewhere safe
The solitary walker, the midnight stalker
My past life led from reel to reel

Magic Numbers midnight slumbers
My mind can make a ready meal
As you walk away, just another day
For my insides out to slyly feel

Limpet rocks and lifetime stock
Shock the sense to deal
Without compassion, absolute of ration
Crock a wound to heal

One day at a time, a find sublime
A mantra as I calmly kneel
Shee Vo Hum, Shee Vo Hum, Shee Vo Hum
Under my breath, it is the breath I steal

How long I’ve tried, how close I’ve cried
Hopeless as those past gestations peel
Another bell, the ringers tell
Scope to wreck my leafy land of zeal

My own fair hand, a wayward strand
I came across altogether unreal
My golden voice, my freedom’s choice
Ponderous, before eventually I yield