Pages

Friday 13 September 2019

Gravestones :: And Plain Crosses

Dames and priests you took your time
When time and love was all you had
Today, in less-firm ground, you form a line
With peace and hope, abroad and glad

I'm on retreat and doing fine
There are a few rules, but none so bad
I'm up at five, to go and listen to your kind
Then I write, sometimes happy, sometimes sad

Making a few memories before I too recline
Wondering about the Italian, playing the Stradivarius
The German monk, 8 years he's sought the sign
I came with nothing, a simple country lad

It's an awful poem, without form or design
And there's no hope of rescue for it is just a fad
When you don't know where you are going
It is easier to break with the traditional


Available at Amazon















 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here