Pages

Monday 11 March 2019

Thirty One

Yesterday was rain
Rain from who knows where
For the day before was beautiful
This day too it is beautiful also

I have a desire to learn
Who knows who gave me such a gift
I have no choice but to listen
No way but to try to understand

Always then the sun does it for me
Helps me to feel good
Helps me to feel warm
Helps me to halfway remember

That time suspended on the ocean
Those weightless moments, minutes
Those naked mornings, salt on skin
Skin thinking relentlessly of skin

That time, when one footprint was
Followed by one more footprint
Pressed, pressed with some certainty
Into the soft submissive sands

That time, after the loss
When, fully clothed you dived
You dived into the clear blue sea
Then emerged; with a wide, wide smile


Available at Amazon