Pages

Sunday 14 January 2018

BBB Poem 64

I don’t have the tears
I don’t carry that hollow feeling within me
I don’t go out into the night, or out into the day
With the total loss of loss for companion

Instead I have an understanding
I have reconciled myself to the facts
Yes I do still occasionally indulge sadness
But twelve years down the line life is easier

Of course the writing helps; it is healing
It is cathartic, it is therapeutic
And yes, I have to tell you, I must tell you
That just now and then, it stops me in my tracks

Sends me off in the search of past times
(For I know there to be no future)
All of my life being lived again
In no more than a few remembered moments

I don’t have the tears
But see you can’t help yours
I feel for your desperation
Your hollowed out core

I see that you want to wander
Wilful into the night
Carrying the unbearable weight
Of your loss with you

I have only a sideline understanding
I do try to tease out a few facts, words such
That I might pin on some assistance
To propel you, re-energised, into the turmoil


Available at Amazon