Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Lodge

Into the conservatory
I might spend all summer
Taking breakfast here

I watch the grass grow
Marvel at the swoop of swallows
While my compatriots take tea and toast

The orange juice chilled
The starter table filled
With champagne and cereal

Beware of golf balls says the token sign
Beneath my broken
Double glazed bedroom window

I was working for the BBC
In a sort of time and motion study role
I watched; it’s no use, I can't remember any specifics

I do recall that some things were measurable
Some stuff took just too long
So had to be bundled

I think it was all to do
With the move from London to Manchester
Although I might have worked that out later

I wish I could remember the specifics
Maybe it's something to do with me unsuccessfully
Trying to buy Freud's book on Dream Analysis!

At this time
Slower than before
Less audio interference



Available on Kindle