Pages

Sunday 22 June 2014

Involuntary Pomp

These words are my aromatherapy, the rhyme strategy, if such a thing should exist would be my massage oil; the open spaces where reader, and writer alike, are encouraged to wander... part of my clear hope for an entire lack of politicised commitment, & should form be used then it's shape and patterns would be my very blueprint, or touchstone for how I, or how anyone, might then become a constructor or alchemist, able to dream up their own healing potions... with such ideals I welcome the singular words of love or beauty to stand ten feet tall on the billboard, erect and firm as the forewords of poetry’s very own, imaginary instruction manual


A personal response to reading Adrienne Rich’s address on commitment, in the bathtub at the end of an exhausting vacation


This poem is from the collection