Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Embattlement

I was in Brixton, London, approaching the time of dusk. A human shield of mostly volatile men was beginning to form around our hotel. I left without you to go to the station, the men let me through but did not serenade me. I faltered and returned to collect you, I heard you running along the balcony to our bedroom. Hurry I said, we can take the car instead. You lifted a much younger child into the back, he cried at the vomit, which was now like expanded foam, I cleaned and scraped it off as best I could. Don't worry I said we will be home in five hours, yet now we were leaving South Wales and heading for Yorkshire.


This is a poem from Filmic: Love of Our World of Purples & Blues

Available as ebook from Kindle
or as a homemade print book with audio cd from  poetryshop