Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Misinterpretation


Gold ring
telephone conversations
Lunchtime sings
apart
we make our reservations

Can you
pick the kids from school
Can you
give them supper, you fool

Of course I will be home
aren’t I always
Yes I am alone
aren’t I always

Your signal is weak
(and so are you)
It’s an embarrassment to shriek
at Zombie Zoo

Look
I’ll catch you later
Yes I love you
but no I don’t hate her

That was
a long time ago
Her office has moved
we hardly ever; say hello

My credit is running out
(and so is yours)
I didn’t mean to shout
only to even the scores

Gold ring
late night consolations
supper time sings
Together
we forego our contemplations

Dreams are things
(I’ll share mine too)
For deep without
no love accrues



a poem from the collection Some Trickier Poems - Love with Conflicts - available as a kindle download or library item by clicking here