Pages

Saturday 25 April 2009

Yes that's right it is Ummagumma

Went to the poetry reading to listen to canadian poet & community bus driver Chris Pannel, bought his sensitive book ' Under Old Stars' from which I would recommend the poem Joe Read a few of my poems including

It was such a struggle to get him to say anything at all

Sweet and simple words
No more than to say
That he brought

All around him to tears
Simply by saying
How lucky he was to be in love

I cried then
And tears again yesterday
When I re-wrote the memory

What is it, why am I so soft
That a few words
Can turn me over

I ought once
To sob substantially
Flush out my ignominious frame

Before later in life
To go pleading
You see this is not a picture

Not a painting or a photograph
But a vessel, somewhere to place
The displaced teardrops